|Lord Dundonald originally registered a version
missing a red and a green stripe in 1974. There is a story that a
fragment of this design was discovered in the foundations of a Perthshire
house in 1934. Around that time, a count was recorded from the sample
books of Messrs William Anderson. The red and green have been restored
in this version, which is now the 'approved' tartan, and appears in
the 'Appendix' of the Lyon Court Books dated 12th November 1984.